Thursday, January 08, 2009

Monkeyrack Writers and Spotlight Lancaster


















One of the great things I have discovered while
advertising the event I co-host 'Poets and...'
(http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56414263840&ref=ts)

is other interesting events and similar-ish sorts
off nights that are run by other groups.

One which I encountered recently on myspace
are 'Monkeyrack Writers' a small but certainly
from what I can see welcoming writing group based
in the Lancaster area off Manchester.

A lot of their back history is contained on their
myspace page but it kind of reminded a lot off the
history off 'Trio Writers' (which formed in 2008,
but was previously known as 24 Hour Arty People
from 2003) . Like us, they have also gone through
a few homes and also produced a few collections
over the years, and from what I can see are also
involved in a cabaret night held regularly (which
is something our own Poets and... night could
head into before you know) called 'Lancaster
Spotlight'

I recently spoke to Moll from Monkeyrack, who
I guess is also involved with 'Lancaster Spotlight'
recently who recently mentioned to me at the
start of each of these nights which is held on
the third Friday of every month a open mike
element of their night but also in February
there is going to be a open mike poetry night.

If I can con, my pal Tony into driving down,
we could be making a trip down that way for
February.

It could well be worth a visit.

More details are:

http://www.spotlightlancaster.co.uk/ (Spotlight Lancaster)

http://www.myspace.com/monkeywrackwriters (Monkeywrack Writers)




No comments: