Thursday, December 14, 2006

14th December 2006 (Olof Arnalds interview)




The beauty of writing is sometimes similar to listening to music you are not expecting to hear, let alone enjoy for the first time.


Writing for me often falls for me like this. Sometimes when I pick up the pen I sometimes do not know where it will lead. I could pick and start writing another poem about someone or something I have ever seen or known. I could in contrast write something else about my forthcoming 3rd play ‘Yesterdays’ or maybe a bit more about my novel ‘Intermission’ (which reminds me I need to get some more of this typed up_.

Music for me is often told through a similar pattern, or vein which often sums up my way at ‘Setting Sun’ (http://www.geocities.com/aen1mpo) where I am always discovering music from all kinds of sources, sometimes totally in the most unusual of sources. Recently for example, after going to Manchester (mostly) free music festival ‘In the City’ me and my brother, Gavin sat there a night of Iceland – based music, two of which Eliza (perhaps think of Kate Bush meets Evanscence) and Ulpa (which reminded me of Radiohead meets Sigor Ros and Air) have already being interviewed by Setting Sun recently.

The third of these acts, that I have just received the answers is a amazing young singer called Oladf Arnalds, who has such a beautiful, pure voice I have no diea who I can compare it to, expect it is truly beautiful and a rare solo singer songwriter who left a full crowd stunned into silence.

The interview can be read here – http://www.geocities.com/aen1mpo/olaf.html
(And there is other interviews on the way soon – at least three)

No comments: