Monday, December 25, 2006

25th December (Setting Sun presents 'August Stars')



Happy Christmas everybody!

Here is the 4th in the series of ‘Setting Sun’ presents..

Next up for discussion is another friend of mine from the Make Music Mine Stable, Sebastian Wright aka. August Stars, who if my memory is correct is based in the Sheffield area of the UK (I could be wrong there of course as I know he has moved)

I first met Sebastian through my pal, Anthony from July Skies after following a link of his through on myspace.com

Sebastian’s work as through her alias as August Stars and also under my his own name are floaty, droney atmospheres drone-scapes which are often floaty and reflective and sometimes in the heartbeat of a second can prove just as haunting which sometimes can go on for 15 or so minutes

To my knowledge, Sebastian has released just one ep – 8 track EP on make music mine which may or may not have sold out by this time of writing (I know however he has a number of new releases on the way for 2007) – extracts can be heard at http://www.myspace.com/starsinaugust

No comments: