Thursday, September 18, 2008

4th day in Ireland

Not much to add about the 4th day off Ireland expect most

off it was traveling, and take it from me it was a bitch of

a journey to Dublin direct – something I never never never

itend doing direct again.


First off all, I was up at 9am and had a lovely chat

to both Ky & her brother Tor before Ky and she got

the bus back to Bantry with me and spend most of the journey

besides avoiding somebody she didn’t want to

talk to (Long story I ain’t going to repeat as it

her private business). That itself took a hour as I think

it was a bingo day out for grannies as tons off them

got on our bus and it took about a hour toget to

Bantry.


When off Bantry, ended up with half a hour spare

before my bus to Cork came so we sat down and

had a lovely chat in some local pub by which I was sorry

to go as I can honesty say it felt like I had two

really good friends there, but I couldn’t stop

forever.


The bus to Bantry eventually came and then it

was a two hour drive toCork. I was back in Cork

eventually and then it was a case off dragging my

suitcase which I had discovered by that point had

a faulty wheel and that made life harder and

did I mention it was raining again also!


I ended up stopping off in Cork for a bit to get

a bite to eat and then by the time I got to the

train station I had another three hour train

journey to Dublin. And did I mention it

was raining again also!


I think by the time I got to Dublin it was

about 6.45pm, so I got the bus round again to

the spot I needed to be which took about

15 minutes, and then as I got lost I got a

taxi down to the Millenium Spire to meet my

pals Conor & Orla.


I had first met Conor something like 6,

maybe 7 years back when I read a advert

somewhere for a fanzine he was starting

up and wanted people to contribute to it.

Of course interested I dropped him a email

back and contributed to the zine for it’s entire

5 issue life and alsoit’s then slight involvement

on the internet before it folded

somewhere the 2005 or 2006 mark

(Conor would remember – I am too old to

remember things like that – lol) and we kept

in contact ever since.


Orla I met sometime later through Conor

when he sent over to me some of her poetry

which left me spell bound for

months afterwards.


I must admit I had a few problems tracking

them down owning to my complete lack off

knowledge off Dublin, and also the fact that

Conor had grown his hair long and had a

long moustache.


Either way, I had a good time meeting up with

both of them and have plans in motion to meet both

off them next year, which was great news.


The thing that tickled me most off was the

journey back to the hotel as soon as I stepped

into the taxi to take me back, the taxi driver said

to me ‘That’s the hotel connected to the Lap

Dancing club’


I laughed with him over it but honest to god I

thought he was taking the piss as my various guides

hadn’t mentioned anything about it above a lap dancing

bar, a night club but not a lap dancing bar.


He was right too which was the really funny thing.

If I had being sober, god only knows what I may have

done but I was too far out off it.

1 comment:

Antonionioni said...

Ha ha - that could have been the 'last lap' of your journey, mate.