Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 3 in Ireland













The 3rd day in Ireland
like the previous 2 days contained a
awful lot of rain. Living where I live in Manchester, you
could say we are used to lots of rain but it was pretty grim out
there, let me tell you for nothing.

The end of the previous day was spent in Ky & Tor’s studio
setting up the tracks which we would mix today. I must admit
on the previous night I was more than a little bit nervous,
as the last time I properly worked in a studio environment
like that was somewhere around 2001 or 2002 during the
early days off DIH but it was good fun as it gave me chance
to blast them out with some good old fashioned noise.

The vocals that came later I think in hindsight caught them out,
but when I use vocals often like I do for DIH are done like that
for effect and as part of the instrument but both of them showing
how good they are pulled round and produced some stunning tracks
I must admit, and some which nearly blew my head off! Lol

On that Wednesday however returning to the point we spent most
off in their studio mixing these bits into full songs. Considering
I am used to mixing a little bit on my PC using programmes like
Acid Pro, it wasn’t as bad as it could have being, but it was
hard work by any stretch of work just thinking of how to pull
a song from it. Thankfully I had one in mind from when we were
pulling them all of an instrumental version of the main
strong with a lot softer sound but the other was harder!

Since I have got home – Ky & Tor have posted five of
these tracks online.. You can sample them here if you are
interested

http://www.darkworld.com/00page08.html

The 6th mix which is probably the most radio friendly mix I
believe will be coming out on I tunes fairly soon, so watch
this space!

Ky & Tor probably because they knew what they were doing
pulled it off in a few hours and we all sat down and
chilled out in the evening nicely and spent the evening
talking about crazy little music projects we have done
in the past.

It was great fun – just a shame – the weather was
so crap!

(Picture is of their house)

1 comment:

Antonionioni said...

Yes, it's good to have someone who knows what they're doing around to help - totally agree. Must listen to these.