Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ireland - Day Two off my holiday















The second day of my Ireland adventure started off very

quickly indeed on 9th September 2008.

After the late night of the previous day which resulted in

me not getting to bed until nearly 1am, and complete
with next to no sleep because of the heavy rain and

wind which was tapping on my window, I barely
had any sleep by the time I got myself ready

in Cork City.


I had arranged to meet Ky, my pal in Bantry

at 1.30pm near the bus station in Bantry, and

knew from looking at the bus timetable I would
have to leave Cork at 11.30am. That it I

decided would be a good time as it would

give me plenty off time to get going and stuff in the
morning, but as I picked up my suitcase

the timetable fell out and I saw there

wasn’t a 11.30am timetable. There was

only 10.30am and 12.30 Noon.

I knew from speaking to Ky a few days

before she was going to leave back for home

on the rural bus at 2.00pm, so I was going to
go for the 10.30am bus and hope I would find her.

This resulted however in a mad rush paying

at the hotel, packing and getting round to

the bus station in under 10 minutes.

As you may have guessed, with our times

being different, I was then expecting problems

in Bantry trying to find Ky, but I knew from what
she told me she would stand out with her bright

red hair, and thankfully she did as within five

minutes off arriving, which eased my worrying
mind totally.

Bantry itself was a tiny little town indeed which

had no more than 2 little streets off shopping
which had a charm even though it was still really
windy indeed and raining a bit.

Ky was as what I expected, a softly spoken

Canadian woman of a few years younger than me
and as we got the bus back to hers, I

looked at the area around us.

This really was what you term was up in the

sticks. I thought she had being joking when she

had told me originally that she frequently got

woke up by sheep most mornings but she hadn’t

being for as soon as we got off the rural bus,

all I could see was sheep and more sheep.


This really was going to be a adventure and a

half for me certainly and this was before I entered

Ky and her brother Tor’s music studio.

1 comment:

Antonionioni said...

Well now, I didn't know she was Canadian! I thought she was an Irish lady. Mind you, she's got the old red hair which isn't a bad thing now is it?