Monday, September 15, 2008

Trip to Ireland (Day One)












Dear all;


Sorry for the lack of posts recently.

One or two of you may know but I have being over
in Ireland for the past week or so visiting and
meeting my pal Kylyra and her brother, Tor
who are both involved with ‘Dark World International’
(www.darkworld.com)

Although I had known Ky if my memory is correct
since the end of last year, I had never met her
previously and took the opportunity with me
having quite a bit of time off work I thought
I would go and visit.

Where Kylyra and her brother, Tor is located
somewhere just beyond Bantry which is on the
coast off Western Ireland somewhere beneath
Cork City

I originally set off from England last
Monday (8th September 2008).

While it would be easy to log all of this over a
few paragraphs, I thought I would do this over
a 5 day post. One of for each day I was in
Ireland.

On the first day, I got the plane out from
Manchester Airport which got delayed
huge style to start with by about a hour
And a half, which then caused me to
arrive in Dublin in the middle of
their rush hour.

Thankfully the rush hour wasn’t as bad
as I have seen where I live, so I got a city bus
around to the train station I had to go to
the train station that would take me to
Cork City.

The train journey itself was very long
winded indeed, something like 3 hours
or so with is long winded indeed and
cost me a lot more than I really wanted
to pay (I tried to pay for it over the internet
without success) and then got told a
expensive price which pissed me off huge
style, but after a discussion there I went
on the train and didn’t arrive at
the hotel until 10pm at night
and by that point, the wind was
really picking up and the rain
started coming down really hard
too.

The hotel itself was expensive
also but classy, and as soon as I
logged in at 10pm I thought to
myself I need to go and get some
food but before I did, I went for a
walk around the back of the hotel
on the dockyard and would you
believe I got approached by
a hooker.

Needless I went in the opposite
direction.

And the rain didn’t get any better.

But I started work on a few new
Poems (Will be shared in due course
of course).

1 comment:

Antonionioni said...

Just catching up with these. Should be a good read, make me nostalgic for Ireland. This first instalment though is reminiscent of Bill Bryson's wet Wednesday night in Weston-super-Mare....!